Marius & Marcia
12 September 2009
Marcia buite in ons tuin net voor ons kerk toe vertrek het.
Arriveer by die kerk
Foto’s binne die kerk
Foto’s in die kerk se tuin
Ingang na onthaal saal en hoe die saal binne gelyk het
Glo vir my daar was menigte ogies wat ‘n traan gepik het 🙂
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen, for those of you that don’t know me, my name is M…, I’m the father of the beautiful bride. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome each and everyone in sharing and making this a special day to be remembered.
A special welcome to those from far and beyond. (Hier noem hy almal)
H en A (Marius se ouers), dit is vir my n groot voorreg om julle te verwelkom in die familie. Baie welkom.
Marius and Marcia, as one you look radiant and fantastic today, the glow is blinding.
As I look at my daughter, the bride, I can’t help but reflect on all the years I was lucky enough to watch her grow and become the beautiful woman she’s today. She captured my heart on the day she was born, and I became more and more in awe of her as the years passed by. She’s my little girl, my princess my darling and ray of sunlight, and no matter what her age, she’ll always be those things to me. (Hier huil pappa snot en trane en moes eers oge gaan droog maak 🙂 )
But today as I watch her marry a wonderful man, I’m filled with pride, joy and I’m confident that she and Marius are about to embark on a wonderful journey filled with the love and happiness that can only come as husband and wife.
May the two of you always treat each other with love, respect, honor, compassion and kindness.
M and I said we are not losing Marcia, we are gaining a son. (Marcia : As ek vir jou n dag kon kies sou die dag so mooi wees soos jou hart, so wonderlik soos jou mens wees en so sonnig soos jou glimlag.)
And as we have got to know Marius over time we have come to the conclusion that he will take good care of Marcia. He has shown himself to be exactly the man we had always hoped Marcia would marry. Family is the most important thing to him. He is really hard working and he has immaculate taste that is why he chose Marcia. (Except for his support of the Lions)
Marius it gives me great pleasure, pride and joy to formally welcome you into our family, and I hope that you’ll be pleased to be a member of the S……. clan.
Ten Commandments on marriage
- Marriages are made in heaven. So is thunder and lightning
- If you want your wife to listen to every word you say, talk in your sleep
- Marriage is grand and divorce is 100 grand
- In the first year of marriage the man speaks and the woman listen. In the second year the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year of marriage the both speak and the neighbours listens
- When a man opens the door of his car for his wife you can be sure of one thing: Either the car is new or the wife is
- Marriage is when a man and a woman become as one, the trouble starts when they try to decide which one
- Before marriage a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said. After marriage he’ll fall asleep before you finish
- Every man wants a wife who’s beautiful, understanding, economical and a good cook. But the law only allows for one wife
- Marriage is a matter of chemistry. That’s why one treats the other like toxic waste
- A man is incomplete until he’s married. After that he’s finished
Marius and Marcia, I would like to give you a few tips that you should follow in life
In the beginning the Pencil maker spoke to the pencil saying
There are five things you need to know before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and you will become the best pencil you can be”
- You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in someone’s hand.
- You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but this is required if you want to become a better pencil.
- You have the ability to correct any mistakes you might make.
- The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.
- No matter what the condition, you must continue to write. You must always leave a clear, legible mark no matter how difficult the situation.
The pencil understood, promising to remember, and went into the box fully understanding its maker’s purpose
Now, replacing the pencil with yourself, always remember these rules and never forget them, in this way you will become the person you want to be
- You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God’s hand, and allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.
- You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems, but you’ll need it to become a stronger person.
- You will be able to correct mistakes; you might make or grow through them.
- The most important part of you will always be what’s on the inside.
- On every surface you walk, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to serve God in everything.
Everyone is like a pencil…… created by the Maker for a unique and special purpose
By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart and a relationship with God daily.
I would finally like to say a couple of thank you messages.
Firstly, to my daughter and her husband, for making me the happiest, proudest father around today. Thank you.
Al die ander bedankings…
Marcia, hierdie liedjie is spesiaal vir jou van mamma af (Ja, toe is daar weer ‘n paar trane gepik en ek en my meisieking het net oge vir mekaar gehad hier)
Last but not least, to all of you for joining us in our celebration here today. You have all helped make it such a magnificent occasion.
Marcia, you will always our my pride and joy, your happiness is our deepest desire.
Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of all of us, I offer a toast to Marius and Marcia’s love and happiness
Hier klink ek ‘n toast op my dogter en nuwe seun 🙂
My boet en sus 🙂
Soos enige troue het hierdie een ook nie glad verloop nie 🙂 Oppad kerk toe onthou ek en my suster ons het Marcia hulle se ruikers vergeet en moes vinnig terug huis toe jaag om dit te gaan haal, en deur dit het die diens natuurlik laat begin 🙂
My baadjie wat ek laat maak het, het ek eers Vrydag gekry, die moue was vir my te kort en ek het net nie reg gevoel nie, gelukkig kon ek dit uit trek toe ons darem by die saal was en ek nie meer so ongemaklik in dit gevoel het nie.
Ai, dit was darem maar ‘n lekker troue gewees 🙂